Financing and credit
Wells Fargo offers a full suite of services, including traditional secured loans, asset-based lending, capital markets services, and equipment loans and leases. We can offer access to working capital to help you maintain your day-to-day operations and get the funding you need to pursue your plans for growth. As your business grows, we can connect you to additional Wells Fargo resources so that all your financial bases are covered.
Companies seeking greater credit availability can look to Wells Fargo Capital Finance to help expand their borrowing capacity by leveraging the value of their assets.
Our credit facilities can be used to support:
- Expansion or growth
- New products and services
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Seasonal sales
- Start-up business costs
- High leverage
- Payroll and tax obligations
Our financing solutions
Asset-based financing. Agented and syndicated asset-based financing for companies that may be restricted by traditional bank financing.
Cross-border lending. Financing for Canadian, U.K., and U.S.-based companies with foreign operations.
Commercial services. Accounts receivable financing (also referred to as factoring) to help accelerate cash flow, improve collections, and control exposure to bad debt.
Lender finance. Senior secured financing starting at $15 million for asset-based lenders, factors, equipment leasing and finance companies, and other specialty finance companies.
Retail finance. Senior secured revolving lines of credit, term loans, and seasonal facilities tailored to meet the unique needs of mid-sized to large retailers.
Supply chain finance. Global end-to-end supply chain services, including channel finance, sales finance, and supplier finance to help improve working capital and strengthen relationships with trading partners.
Technology finance. Senior-secured financing based on a company's recurring revenue streams tailored to the unique needs of companies in the software and technology industries.
Find out more about how our team in Canada can help you.
© 2021 Wells Fargo Capital Finance. All rights reserved. Products and services require credit approval. Wells Fargo Capital Finance is the trade name for certain asset-based lending services, senior secured lending services, accounts receivable and purchase order finance services, and channel finance services of Wells Fargo & Company and its subsidiaries.
Wells Fargo strives to provide real estate investors with a full spectrum of construction, term, and interim financing. Working closely with you, our specialists in virtually all market segments will strive to ensure you receive seamless lending and service through all stages of your project life cycle, and every phase in your business.
Experienced real estate developers, owners, and investors, including institutions, real estate investment trusts (REITs), and private organizations.
- $5 million or more
- Floating rates with fixed-rate solutions
- Non-recourse and recourse
- Flexible 1- to 5-year terms typically; longer terms available for select stabilized projects
- Interim and bridge
- Rehabilitation and repositioning
- Note financing
- Secured and unsecured lines of credit
Property types served
- Seniors housing
- Student housing
- Manufactured home communities
- Homebuilder solutions
Why Wells Fargo
Experience. We strive to bring experience and informed perspectives to customers like you. We've been lending to builders, owners, and investors for more than 40 years.
Tailored financing. Regardless of the size or complexity of your project, we'll work together with you to develop tailored financing that fits your needs.
Strength and capacity. Wells Fargo is one of the largest public companies in the world*, with the capacity and appetite for large real estate holdings.
Long-term relationships. Our goal is to be there for your business, through all market changes and cycles.
Learn more‡ wellsfargo.com/realestate
*Source: Forbes (2018) based on sales, profits, assets and market value.
Wells Fargo works with corporate and institutional clients, as well as companies in specialized industry segments such as energy, gaming, financial sponsors, and equity funds. With a local office in Calgary, the Wells Fargo Energy group provides financing and advisory services specific to the Canadian energy market. We specialize in customized financing for the North American oil and gas industry, with targeted solutions for:
- Exploration and production
- Oil field services and equipment manufacturing
- Gas gathering, processing, and distribution
- Petrochemicals and refining
We offer a wide range of energy solutions for your business, including:
- Senior debt financing for working capital and acquisitions
- Asset-based lending
- Equipment finance and fleet services
- Commodity and interest rate hedging
- Escrows, including like-kind exchanges
- Corporate trust
- Pensions and investment management
- International trade services
- Foreign exchange
- Junior and mezzanine debt financing
For specific recommendations for your energy business, please contact our energy specialists at 403-776-8700.
For general inquiries for your business, please contact us.
Wells Fargo Vendor Financial Services provides unique financing solutions that help meet your specific needs, whether you are an equipment manufacturer, dealer, or business customer. We offer a full range of programs and services designed to help your business grow and are dedicated to providing flexible financing. From web-based applications submittals to online account management, we bring knowledge and expertise to every relationship – uncovering a depth of know-how unique to Wells Fargo. When you work with Wells Fargo, you experience speed, exceptional service and a world of expertise.
We work with equipment manufacturers, dealers, and distributors to offer competitive and flexible-point-of-sale financing programs for your commercial customers. Our sales representatives work with you to help design transaction terms and structures suited for your customers’ cash flow, tax and accounting objectives, and business needs.
- Vendor referral programs
- National and local sales support
- Private label financing programs
- Corporate & Investment Banking programs offering discounting or the purchase of transactions on the vendor’s documents
- Financing throughout the United States and Canada – in both U.S. and Canadian dollars
- Dealer and Manufacturer inventory finance plans
- Subsidized financing promotions
Equipment financing expertise
Work with financing specialists who regularly finance many kinds of equipment, including but not limited to:
- Machine tools
Ready to learn more about equipment finance in Canada? Call us at: 1-800-242-2523
For more information, view Wells Fargo Equipment Finance in the U.S.‡
All transactions are subject to credit approval. Some restrictions may apply. Wells Fargo Vendor Financial Services is the trade name for certain equipment leasing and finance businesses of Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. and its subsidiaries. Equipment financing transactions are provided in Canada by Wells Fargo Equipment Finance Company.
© 2021 Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. All rights reserved.
Our international trade specialists understand the dynamics of the global business environment and use our financial resources, technology, and global correspondent banking network to help you manage and build your international business. We want to show you ways to help improve cash flow, manage risk, and streamline trade processes.
Our goal is simple: help make inventory financing easy.
As one of the leading providers of specialized floorplan financing and servicing solutions, Wells Fargo Commercial Distribution Finance® (CDF) ‡ delivers when it comes to supporting the efficient, uninterrupted flow of products from manufacturer to dealer. From powersports, marine, and recreational vehicles, to outdoor lawn & garden, agriculture, and electronics and appliances — our teams of industry experts have the know-how to create a solution that's right for you and your growing business.
Smart solutions for growing businesses
With over 50 years of experience in Canada, CDF is committed to providing the best financing solutions delivered with premier customer service by our tenured, dedicated sales team with broad geographic coverage and industry specific knowledge. Our strength allows us to invest in new programs and services. And, our innovative, proprietary software gives you 24/7 online access to account inventory management and analytical information that helps you make faster, more informed decisions when and where you need it most. CDF provides a myriad of innovative programs to meet the needs of today’s challenging marketplace.
Inventory financing (also known as floorplan financing) enables efficient, uninterrupted flow of inventory through the distribution channel, allowing our customers to focus on what matters most to them – managing and growing their business.
In working with CDF, you gain access to tenured employees who have deep domain expertise, a steadfast financing provider that has remained committed to the industries it serves through many cycles, and data, analytics and other value added services to help your business make more informed decisions.
Manufacturers may benefit from:
- Increased sales and improved liquidity
- Customised inventory finance programs designed to drive sales growth across dealer channels
- Reduced credit risk
- Accelerated funding and reduced days sales outstanding ratio
- Transfer capital burden of financing customers
- General and administrative expense reduction by transferring collection, underwriting and collateral management services
- Robust anti-money laundering screening process, mitigating regulatory compliance risks for your dealer network
- Automated electronic data transmission and 24/7 online account management and analytical tools
Dealers may benefit from:
- Stocking optimal inventory levels, increasing inventory availability at point of sale and enabling sales growth
- Extended repayment terms, often subsidised by the manufacturer – improving cash flow and liquidity
- Credit Lines sized to help meet your business needs
- Reduced working capital requirements allow for optimised allocation of capital
- Responsive and personal account management with 24/7 access to online customer system and analytical tools
Our solutions include:
- Extended-terms financing
- Pay-as-sold financing
- Show terms and display programs
- Pre-Owned Financing Solutions
Speak with one of our team members today at 1-888-609-5550.
© 2021 Wells Fargo & Company and its subsidiaries and affiliates, including, without limitation, Brunswick Acceptance Company, LLC, Polaris Acceptance, and HYG Financial Services, Inc. All rights reserved.
Click here (PDF) for additional country and region specific disclaimers.