Global banking expertise
We're working to help you improve your cash flow, manage risk, and compete more effectively in the global marketplace.
Wells Fargo offers a wide array of products and services that can help meet your treasury management needs in Canada. Manage all of your North American treasury operations through a single banking relationship, increasing visibility and control of your accounts and liquidity.
Whether you have a subsidiary in Canada and need an operating account, or you simply need to make basic multicurrency payments and collections, we offer account solutions to fit your specific needs.
- Accounts. Open Canadian-dollar accounts to improve control over Canadian-dollar cash flows and minimize costly foreign exchange conversions. You can manage your accounts centrally on the Commercial Electronic Office® (CEO®) portal. We offer you a consolidated account analysis statement covering all your Wells Fargo accounts around the globe.
- Multicurrency accounts (MCAs). You can open an MCA quickly to support payments and collections in more than 30 currencies. It's an efficient way to support your global business needs.
Payments and collections
- Wire transfers. We offer cross-border wire capabilities via the CEO portal, allowing you to send payments quickly and securely throughout the world, in more than 30 currencies, 24/7.
- Global ACH service to more than 40 countries. Send low-cost electronic payments from your Wells Fargo account to employees and vendors around the globe.
- Global payments automation. Send a single file of all of your company's global payments direct from your accounting or enterprise resource planning (ERP) system to the Payment Manager® service on our CEO portal for straight-through processing.
- Collections. We offer Canadian dollar accounts to simplify your receivables process and enable you to directly accept Canadian-dollar ACH and wire payments.
- Canadian Wholesale Lockbox. Just as Wells Fargo can streamline your U.S. transactions through its extensive domestic lockbox network, we can accelerate your Canadian collections and convert payments into cash efficiently. With a Canadian Wholesale Lockbox, you can cut mail and processing float by up to a week compared to processing from the U.S., thereby enhancing your company's cash and investment positions. Lockbox reports and images are available online or by data and image file transmission.
- WellsOne® Commercial Card (CAD). The Canadian dollar (CAD) commercial card is designed to link to your program in the U.S., so you don't have to handle a separate card program for locations in Canada. This allows your company to use one issuer, one account manager, one service centre, and one reporting tool accessed through a single sign-on on the CEO portal.
- Canadian online tax payments. This Wells Fargo service enables you to make your Canadian federal and provincial business tax payments online, including payments for payroll source deductions, corporate income tax, goods and services tax (GST), provincial sales tax (PST), and harmonized sales tax (HST).
- Foreign exchange. Wells Fargo's team of foreign exchange specialists helps you move money to and from overseas locations.
- Canadian Cash Vault. Wells Fargo customers using the Canadian account service can access Canadian Cash Vault services at various locations in Canada. Our Cash Vault service uses armored car delivery, tamper-evident deposit bags, video surveillance, and dual custody processing to keep your deposits safe and sound.
- Canadian positive pay. This service identifies checks that may be fraudulent or unauthorized by matching those presented against your account to your file of issued checks.
- Reconciliation services. These services help simplify and expedite the process of reconciling your company's internal accounting records.
International Connections contact information
Find articles, case studies, and advice to move your treasury operations from a cost center to a profit center on our Treasury Insights‡ website.
Our relationship and lending managers live and work where you do and have the authority to make lending decisions locally. They strive to bring their knowledge of your economy and business environment to provide you with an informed perspective. With regional offices in Calgary, Mississauga, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver, and around the world, we understand the value of taking the time to get to know your business and providing guidance on financial services that can help you achieve your business goals.
Our customers are businesses with annual revenues of $20 million or more, including:
- Service companies
We also have expertise in and services for specific industries:
- Food and agribusiness
- Higher education
- Clean technology
- Environmental services
- Marine and recreational vehicles (RVs)
Services for businesses
We want to help you optimize working capital for your day-to-day operations and help you access funding so you can pursue your plans for growth. As your business grows, we'll work to connect you to additional Wells Fargo resources for your financial needs.
Our capabilities include:
- Tailored financing options
- International capabilities, including foreign exchange
- Risk management
- Investment banking and capital markets services
- International treasury management
Working with you
Our job is to listen to you and address your unique financial needs. We'll take the time to understand your day-to-day operations, challenges, and vision. Staying close to your business helps us focus on providing insightful advice and recommendations so you can keep pace with changing market conditions and business priorities. Our local relationship managers will work with you on core financing and treasury management structures, and coordinate a team of specialists and resources to help you overcome challenges and make the most of new opportunities. Our goal is to earn your trust through our extensive knowledge, long-term personal relationships, and outstanding service.